Best Practices for Enterprise Development on Force.com
By following a solid set of best practices, and making good use of proven tools and frameworks, you can take enterprise development on the Force.com platform to the next level.
(If you would like to contribute to the DreamOps wiki, please fork us on GitHub!)
Let’s overview some proven practices that you can adopt and adapt. (If you have some of your own to add, fork us on GitHub!)
- Apex Styleguide
- Bootstrapping Continuous Integration on Force.com
- Continuous Integration How-To
- Enterprise Patterns
- Salesforce TechOps with Dave Mangot (DevOps Cafe, Episode #41)
- NuOps - How the Sausages are Made
- Person Account Comparisons
- Planet DreamOps
- Trigger Handlers
- UI Testing
Use these proven tools and frameworks to deploy your enterprise-grade application.
- Apex Wrapper Salesforce Metadata API - Use Apex to call out to the Metadata Web Services API and automate updates to your packages.
- CumulusCI - A reusable set of build and automation scripts to facilitate a best practices based development and release process for managed package development on the Salesforce1 Platform.
- See also Force.com Tools.
- API Fieldnames - Show the Salesforce API field names on detail pages.
- Boostr for Salesforce - Boost productivity in Salesforce.
- Braintree Testing - Right-click context menu to fill form elements with Briantree’s testing credit cards numbers.
- Grey Tab - A small but growing collection of neat tricks for debugging force.com applications.
- Lightning Inspector - Inspect and optimize Lightning Components.
- Pearls Extension - Always highlight a set of words stored for chosen webpages. Great for Salesforce debug logs!
- Salesforce1 Simulator - Launch Salesforce1 in a mobile simulator.
Join these Salesforce Success groups to collaborate with other enterprise developers.
- Agile Accelerator User Group - Innovate Faster.
- Almond Learning App User Group - Create and assign learning activities to your users and reward them based on their progress.
- DreamOps - Help make Force.com the most scalable, most agile, most developer-friendly platform on the planet – or in the cloud.
- Enterprise Documentation and Help - Discuss Salesforce customer challenges around documentation and help for your ever changing orgs/apps.
- Release Readiness - Stay up to date on the latest and greatest product enhancements and innovations.
Check out these sites for even more resources.